Junior Survey Tech (Office and Field Work Opportunities)
Lin & Associates, Inc. (L&A) is a land surveying and construction management consulting firm located in Seattle, Washington. L&A has built a reputation as being committed to recognizing the specific needs of clients in order to provide cost effective, feasible solutions and the highest quality work possible. L&A prides itself on having a well-rounded team that produces quality work in a highly collaborative environment.
Our survey services are in high demand, and with the list of upcoming projects expanding, L&A is currently seeking qualified applicants for a permanent full-time opportunity, commensurate with experience and skill, as a Junior Survey Technician.
If you have excellent communication skills, have an interest Land Survey and are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-pace environment, we encourage you to read our posting thoroughly and apply!
In this position, you will be part of The Survey and Mapping Group working primarily indoors in an office
environment. Occasionally, you may be asked to assist with outdoor field crew work. You will work and collaborate daily with the designated Project Surveyor, fellow Survey CAD Technicians, and Survey Party Chiefs on various ongoing projects. This position reports directly to the Survey Manager. All Land Surveying endeavors will be performed under the direction and guidance of a licensed Professional Land Surveyor.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Interpret survey field-notes and sketches to incorporate field survey data to create and update Right-of-Way, Record of Surveys, ALTA, and topographic drawings and DTMs using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software (Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D)
- Reduction of as-built measurements and simple calculations will be performed and included into drawings or supporting documents
- Interact and collaborate with office staff regarding project particulars and field related topics
- May be asked to perform field visits, which will require exposure to outdoor weather conditions
- May need to assist field crews on an intermittent basis. This could include assisting in the note keeping and collection of field data while conducting various Land Survey activities such as topographic, boundary, right-of-way, ALTA, as-built, and monitoring surveys
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Interest in the land surveying field and enthusiastic to learn about the geomatics industry
- A minimum of Associate’s Degree or completion of a technical trade school in Engineering, Land Survey, CAD, Archeology or another related field
- Self-motivated, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and be able to complete assignments quickly and in timely fashion
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Experience with Autodesk Civil3D and/or Bentley Microstation preferred, but not required
- A clean driving record and a valid Washington State Driver's License, or the ability to acquire one prior to employment.
- Ability to lift and transport 50 lbs. of equipment and supplies throughout the workday and dexterity to use hand tools for task like clearing plant growth or removing soil to gain access to survey monuments
- Dexterity to successfully negotiate and maneuver along steep slopes and across uneven terrain
- Ability to work up to 10 hours a day, outdoors rain or shine
- Experience with Land Survey field procedures and processes, as well as a familiarity with the operation and function of robotic total stations, data collectors, GNSS receivers, and digital levels are a plus, but not a necessity.
Benefits and Compensation:
We are a small business offering big business benefits, including competitive compensation (depending on experience) with medical, vision, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) (with company contributions), and paid vacation, sick leave, and 9 paid holidays.
Lin & Associates, Inc. an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.